Some People tend to procrastinate because they are paralyzed with fear of failure, loss, pain and some even with fear of success!
What we fear becomes our reality! So it’s time to do away with fear of anything!
Here are few facts about fear and how it affects your life. Do you really want that?
- Fear is ‘False Evidence Appearing Real’.
- Over 90% of what we fear never becomes reality.
- The best way to overcome fear is to do what you fear.
- It helps if you visualize the worst case scenario and accept it as a possibility and realize it will probably never come to pass.
- Our imagination exaggerates negative fears out of proportion even though what you fear in most cases never occurs!
To overcome this fear and to turn your energies to more positive thoughts, I recommend you listen to the audio book ‘Fear and Other Uninvited Guests‘ by Harriet Lerner. She has written a great manual that will help you see and guide you step by step to a more happy and relaxed life.
Unhappiness, says bestselling author Harriet Lerner, is fueled by three key emotions: anxiety, fear, and shame. They are the uninvited guests in our lives. When tragedy or hardship hit, they may become our constant companions.
With stories that are sometimes hilarious and sometimes heartbreaking, Lerner takes us from “fear-lite” to the most difficult lessons the universe sends us.
No one signs up for anxiety, fear and shame, but we can’t avoid them, either. As we learn to respond to these three key emotions in new ways, we can live more fully and move into the future with courage, clarity, humor, and hope.